Small apartments can provide a nice, cozy feel for its inhabitants as well as for those who come to visit. The space constraints require a need for creativity and careful arranging when decorating a small apartment. There are a few things to keep in mind when considering how to decorate a small living space:
- Do careful measurements, especially in the living room to make sure the furniture is suited for an apartment. An oversized couch, for instance, can make the living room look and feel too cramped. The same is also true for kitchen sets and beds, as big furniture can detract from the living space and make it harder to comfortably maneuver through the room.
- Minimize the amount of accessory furniture in the common rooms, particularly the living room area. A small living room can look bigger if it is not filled with a lot of unnecessary furniture. One or two small, round coffee tables decorated with a lace and topped with a nice figurine add a somewhat stylish, yet uncomplicated look to a living room space.
- Use bright, neutral color paint to decorate the rooms, especially in the kitchen, living room and bathrooms. Vibrant tones really open up the area and give the illusion of spaciousness, which can be very helpful in a small apartment. Earthy tones make it easier to choose furniture and household items to accentuate the room.
- Choose good lighting to brighten up some rooms and give others a softer, cozier effect. Small kitchens are hard to navigate, but good lighting with attractive fixtures can help to make things look bright and roomier. Small bathrooms with bright, attractive lighting fixtures can help to accentuate tight bathroom spaces as well.
- One of the advantages of small apartments is that there is not a lot of space to fill up, so it can be easier to choose a few, nicely detailed decorative items to highlight each room. This is a good way to keep clutter to a minimum and give each room a “less is more” focus. A nice, fitted bedroom set with colorful, decorative accents positioned well or a small, stylish kitchen set with uncluttered storage areas can give living spaces a pleasant touch.
There are several things to consider when decorating a small apartment space, including color scheme, size of the furniture and lighting accents. A small space can be challenging to furnish, but careful measurements and wisely chosen furniture makes all of the difference. Small space can look a lot bigger than it is with all of the home décor components in place.
Source by Sam Malone
ADVERTISMENT 4 months ago