In the past and even in some parts of the world today, having a full-time maid is considered a status symbol. This is because if you have a full-time, stay-in maid or help, you have enough money to pay your personal employee’s monthly dues, have a spare room in your home for her to stay in, and you can afford to feed an additional mouth as well. Although it will definitely be a big help for you if you have a full-time personal maid since you won’t have to do the usual household chores, it can definitely be expensive.
If you’ve always wanted to have a maid but can’t afford to have a full-time one, you can consider hiring a part-time one. A part-time maid will do the same job as a full-time one; however, she will only come to your home to clean it whenever you need and contact her or the cleaning company the maid works for. This is definitely a more affordable option since you don’t have to pay for the maid’s monthly salary and worry about giving her food and lodging.
If you are considering hiring a part-time maid, it is best to know the advantages and disadvantages that come with this option. Below are some of these:
• The services are flexible. When you hire a part-time maid, you’re using her (or his) services as per your comfort and needs. For example, you can have a maid go to your home and clean it because it will be the venue for an important event. The maid can also come back after the party or event. On the other days, the maid won’t have to visit your home.
• The maid is highly trained, experienced, and skilled. Cleaning companies go to great lengths to train their cleaners. As such, you can be sure that the maid will demonstrate great skills in properly cleaning every room and area of your home.
• You will get a great cleaning experience. Part-time maids understand the benefits of having a clean environment. In addition, they know that a satisfied customer will always come back. As such, it is important for them to make sure that their cleaning process meets or exceeds the customer’s demands.
• Inconsistencies may arise. When hiring a maid from a cleaning company, you may get one you like on your first or second call and a different one on your third request. The problem is, you may like the first cleaner that went to your home and the other one, not too much. There’s no assurance that the maid you like will always come to your home when you call the cleaning company.
• The maid will not be familiar with your “way”. Part of the maid’s cleaning services is arranging or rearranging pieces of furniture, features, fixtures, and items in your home. If you keep getting a new part-time maid every time you call the cleaning company, you’ll always end up having a clean home but with the furniture and other items rearranged or placed in other places.
• You will have some trust issues. Finally, since a different maid will come in your home every now and then, you may find it hard to leave your house whenever they clean since you may mistrust them. This is clearly acceptable. To overcome this problem, make sure that the cleaning company you choose conducts extensive background checks on all their maids and spend some time to know the one who will clean your home as well.