It's so fun being a child nowadays. There are so many different kinds of toys. The computer and the Internet put the world at the fingertips. And they even have their own specially designed furniture – miniature beds, chairs, tables, toy chests, bookshelves, and clothes cabinets.
Benefits of Specially Designed Children's Furniture
But what's so important about investing in children's furniture? For one thing, it'll actually be good for your child's health. When they use a table or a chair that's too large for them, they tend to hunch over, legs dangling uncomfortably, arms stretched just to be able to maintain their position without toppling over. This hurts their posture, leads to back pains and neck pains, and (if they fall) lead to injuries.
Young children can also hurt themselves trying to climb up a chair or reach for a book on a high shelf. They can slip, break an arm, or have a pile of toys or books fall on top of them. Adult furniture may also have sharp corners or metal edges that can cut their small fingers.
Children's furniture is made for children, and is perfectly built to their proportions. But there's one thing, too, that children's furniture can do – they can create magic.
The Magic of Animal Theme Kid Furniture
Children have amazing imagination and energy. They are constantly daydreaming, thinking of adventures, acting out the favorite characters in their book, or creating imaginary worlds (and imaginary friends to explore those worlds with!). They want to conquer the jungles of Africa, or explore every nook and cranny of the farm. They want to ride with the animals on Noah's Ark, or even run away and join the circus!
Why not encourage their imagination and creativity by buying animal theme kid furniture? These beautifully decorated pieces instantly transforms a boring bedroom into a jungle safari or a sprawling farm. Everywhere he looks, he sees cute and friendly animal friends: a bear, a lion, a black and white jersey cow. It's like all the pictures in the books – or even the images that he's created in his active mind – have suddenly come to life, thanks to animal theme kid furniture.
Our Favorite Animal Theme Kid Furniture
There's a wide variety of animal theme kid furniture. All of them are adorable, functional, and meet all safety standards. Choosing which one to use in a bedroom is entirely your child's personal decision (it's best to get him involved). However, here are some of the top picks:
- Noah's Ark Toy Chest – This beautiful wooden toy chest has an illustration of the ark, done in vintage style. The white paint has been distressed to give it an antique look – perfect for a Victorian nursery or playroom. A giraffe and elephant wave hello and invite your little one to come and play. Truly one of the most charming pieces of animal theme kid furniture. Other options are the Safari Theme Toy Chest, also with a vintage feel.
- Kid's Slumber Barnyard Fun Sleeping Bag – He and his friends will be as snug as a bug in a rug in this sleeping bag! Be sure to own at least two of these, in case your child wants to hold a sleepover. The bright colors and charming illustrations of cows grazing in a field are the perfect compliment to he rest of your animal theme kid furniture. If your child doesn't like farm animals try one decorated with funky looking reptiles and the words "Leaping Lizards!"
- Noah's Ark table and chairs – Your child needs a table for drawing, crafting and other activities. These green and blue animal theme kid furniture sets provide a comfortable work surface … and are, in themselves, works of art. We like the color theme, which gives options to parents who'd rather not use pastels or primary shades.
- Safari Table and Chair set – The bright red and yellow colors of this set looks very modern and so are the simple illustrations of elephants, giraffes and zebras. These animal theme kid furniture are a good investment for parents who want the room to be fun yet not frilly.
- Toad Stool Step Stool – No, not the mushroom, silly. This animal theme kid furniture looks like a green frog poised to jump. It is sturdy enough to hold your child as he steps up to get a book or toy, and fits conveniently under the bed or table. For those who need a higher step stool, consider the giraffe step stool. The animal's long necks provide a handle for the child to hold and steady himself. These items can be bought separately or as a part of an animal theme kid furniture set.
- Giraffe Clothes Stand – Always picking up your child's clothes? Tired of the daily search for missing mittens and scarves? The giraffe clothes stands are a great way of decorating the hallway while teaching your child to put away her things. It can also be used to hold school bags.
- Butterfly Cottage Playhouse – If your child prefers bugs, try these butterfly playhouse. The bright colors match well with most furniture (including the ones used by adults!) And the soft walls and window shutters won't hurt him if he jumps or rolls inside. One of the cutest animal theme kid furniture. You can also get a Froggy playhouse and a Barnyard playhouse. We warned you it would be hard to pick which one you'd like best.
Completing the Look
After you've bought and set up your animal theme kid furniture, you may be so excited by how pretty it looks that you want to add additional accessories or design features. If space is a consideration and you may not be able to get really big animal theme kid furniture pieces, here are some decorating suggestions
- Place toy animals and scatter in key areas of the room. For example, you can have a tiny group of stuffed monkeys peek from the corner of a study table or you can get an animal mobile (usually found in the baby's section) and hang over the child's bed.
- Use animal stencils, sold in craft stores. Keep the color of the walls simple to let your animal theme kid furniture and accents take center stage.
Source by Misti Norusis
ADVERTISMENT 9 months ago